Dina Winograd, MDPhysician
- Diabetes and Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
Areas of Expertise
- Management of thyroid conditions, thyroid ultrasound, ultrasound guided fine needle aspiration
- Thyroid conditions in pregnancy
- Diabetes, type 1 and type 2
- Calcium disorders
Dr. Dina Winograd was raised in Colombia and has lived in California, Chile, Massachusetts, North Carolina, and Texas. A native speaker of Spanish and English, Dr. Winograd enjoys learning about other cultures, traveling, and exploring the world.
Dr. Winograd completed her Endocrinology fellowship at Baylor College of Medicine, where she was elected Chief Fellow by her faculty and peers. In addition to her clinical rotations through Baylor-affiliated institutions, Dr. Winograd also had the opportunity to train and conduct research in some of the best institutions in the world, including Harvard University’s Massachusetts General Hospital and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Dr. Winograd is a published author in peer-reviewed journals and has written book chapters in pituitary disease. Her research and peer presentations earned her multiple recognitions as top young investigator at national Endocrinology conferences.
Baylor College of Medicine
Internship and Residency
Baylor College of Medicine
Wake Forest University School of Medicine
Doctor of Medicine
Winston-Salem North Carolina
Biology and Neurosciences
Hospital(s) Affiliated With
Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center
Professional Association(s): Association, Position, Years
American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists: Member
The Endocrine Society: Member
The Hispanic Medical Association of Houston: Member
Texas Medical Association
1. Winograd D, Mody A, Balasubramanyam A, Samson SL. Chapter on Endocrine Disorders. In: Handbook of Clinical Adult Genetics and Genomics. Academic Press. 2020.
2. Winograd D, Samson SL. Pituitary Stalk Lesions: Challenges in Diagnosis. In: Blevins L. The Art of Neuroendocrinology: A Case-Based Approach to Medical Decision-Making. New York: Nova Science Publishers. 2017.
Peer reviewed Publications
1. Winograd D, Staggers KA, Sebastian S, Takashima M, Yoshor D, Samson SL. An Effective and Practical Fluid Restriction Protocol to Decrease the Risk of Hyponatremia and Readmissions After Transsphenoidal Surgery. Neurosurgery. 2020 Sept; 87(40): 761-769.
2. Rauh-Hain JA, Foley OW, Winograd D, Andrade C, Clark RM, Vargas RJ, Hinchcliff EM, Esselen KM, Horowitz NS, Del Carmen MG. Clinical characteristics and outcomes of patients with stage I epithelial ovarian cancer compared with fallopian tube cancer. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2015 May;212(5):600.
3. Rauh-Hain JA, Winograd D, Growdon WB, Schorge JO, Goodman AK, Boruta DM, Berkowitz RS, Horowitz NS, Del Carmen MG. Prognostic determinants in patients with uterine and ovarian clear carcinoma. Gynecol Oncol. 2012 May; 125(2):376-80.
Chief Fellow – Baylor College of Medicine
When not spending quality time with her husband and young children, Dr. Winograd enjoys writing, arts and pottery. She also loves exploring the rich diversity of food and restaurants in Houston.